Hi everyone! Not too long ago I received my first non-Liebster Award nomination… I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by ignite18 (Marvelously Mismatched) and Cassandra (The Huge Anime Fan)! Thanks guys!
The rules are as follows (shamelessly copied and pasted from Marvelously Mismatched) ;
- Put the award logo in your Blog
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking their blogs
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking their blogs
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog)
- Ask the bloggers 7 new questions
And here’s my answers 🙂
- If you could hang out with one anime character for a year, who would it be and why?
Oooo this is a bit of a tricky question. Usually my go-to answer is One Piece’s Luffy, but I don’t really know if I have the patience to hang out with him for a whole year… Maybe Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail) because she has so many different sides to her.
- What anime would you love to see remade or touched up?
Fruits Basket! The anime adaptation for that manga really didn’t do the original story any justice.
- What anime food would you die for?
Anything cooked by Sanji from One Piece!! Why does animated food look SO good?!
- If you weren’t into anime what would you be into?
Probably all of my other interests still >.< That includes Asian dramas/variety shows, fencing, music, reading, and so on.
- Which anime character would you marry if you could, and why?
Zoro because I love him.
- What anime character from what anime made a difference to you? How did this character affect you?
Hmm tough question. I don’t know if there’s really an anime character that has made a massive difference to me. I guess I was pretty affected by Lelouch and the choices he made in Code Geass. It was interesting to see what he was willing to do to get what he wanted, and how much he wanted to push those around him. I really admired the way he stuck to his guns in the toughest times, and the way he throws everything he has towards achieving his goals. Pretty admiral, in it’s own way.
- What anime character would you get in deep trouble with, and why? What would you do to earn the anger of everybody, or get yourselves in a situation you can’t see yourselves getting out of?
I feel like any overly cheerful character such as Fairy Tail’s Natsu or Ouran High’s Tamaki and I would be a bad mix. I can get very loud and excited very easily, and I tend to feed off other people’s emotions as well. So basically, Natsu or Tamaki and I would get suuuuper excited about the smallest things, egg each other on, and annoy the hell out of anyone else present. We’d be having a lot of fun, but I doubt anyone else would be 😛
The Huge Anime Fan
- What is your vision for your blog?
Keep it going for as long as possible, and hope I keep posting interesting things for people to read.
- What do you specialise in with your blog?
Mainly anime, manga, and Asian drama reviews, but I’m trying to branch out more into other areas, so that I have a good collection of non-review content as well as review content 🙂
- If you had to choose: favourite #1 anime series?
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood!
- What other interests do you have besides anime blogging/manga blogging?
I can sort of refer back to my answer to number 4 above for this one 🙂
- Do you follow seasonal anime? Why or why not?
I tend not to because I lag behind when it comes to keeping up with current episodes, and so I can’t read other people’s comments about them without getting spoiled, so I lag behind more, and so on. But if I really love the series, then yes, I will, but I don’t go out of my way to watch what’s currently airing.
- Question: Have you heard of TK from Ling Tosite Sigure within the worldwide anime fanbase? If you haven’t, please disregard the question.
No I haven’t, BUT I REFUSE TO DISREGARD THIS QUESTION! A quick google tells me this is a “indie rock” and “math rock” (dafuq) trio from Japan. TK appears to be a member (I can honestly only think of Angel Beats!’s TK) who has done some solo work. ONWARDS TO YOUTUBE! I click on the first video that’s not a full album; abnormalize (short ver.). Initial Thoughts: Wow, this (male) singer can hit higher notes than me (female). The music is cool, but I like louder drums and bass in hard rock. Reading the comments tells me it’s the opening for Psycho Pass. Onto searching “Ling tosite sigure tk” and I get film A moment (album version). Oh this is more my style, I like the chaotic feel of the music. Not 100% sold on the vocals, but definitely something I’ll eventually check out more.
- After the barrage of questions, what are your thoughts in general surrounding Blog Awards?
I like them, even if they do feel a little bit like chain-letters at time. It lets a blogger’s readers know a little bit more about the person behind the blog, and it also means that lots of little blogs that don’t always get recognition get a chance to get new followers. In fact, I’d probably say most of the blogs I’ve recently followed I’ve found through other blogs mentioning them in Blog Awards!
Well, all that’s left to do now is to nominate some blogs…
Sebastian’s Blog: An awesome anime-manga blog covering heaps of content!
Hiddenhearts’ Anime Thoughts: A great anime blog with neat reviews and an easy to understand rating system.
Anime World: I love all the non-review posts on this blog because they’re always really interesting! (I like the review posts too, I’m just not that familiar with most of the titles).
Wanimu: Lots of really interesting posts that are always entertaining to read!
And here are your questions;
- What’s your middle name (if you have one)?
- What feature of your blog do you really like and wished other bloggers would utilise?
- Which blog did you most recently follow? What was it about their blog that you liked? How did you find them?
- What’s one piece of advice/life hack you think everyone should know?
- Excluding nursery rhymes/childhood songs, what was the first song you remember knowing all of the lyrics to?
- What’s your favourite swimming stroke?
- Who’s a greatly admired actor that you just don’t get the hype around?